Most Bizarre Soccer Stories of All Time

Source: eurosport.com

Source: eurosport.com

Soccer is one of the most popular sports on the planet. During the entire existence of this game, a lot of dramatic and great events have happened. But there were no less funny and strange stories. Today we will tell you about the most interesting of them, according to Telecomasia.net.

55 goals!

In February 1986, a goal record was set. It happened during the Argentine Cup match between the clubs Adelant Ribenk and Kalves. It was a 1-1 draw in regulation time, with both goals scored from penalties. The penalty shootout gave Adelante Ribenk a 28-27 win.

All in the fog

Soccer in England in winter is accompanied by a lot of fog. After one such match, which officially ended 3-3, striker George Odz admitted that he scored five goals, but could not remember which goal. When that meeting was over, the referee discovered that 18 men had played for each team.

Total expulsion

In the early 70s, there was an interesting match between San Isidro and Olimpico Carrante, playing in the second division of Spain. With three minutes to go until the final whistle, all the players decided to influence the referee’s decision by surrounding him and starting to poke him. The referee remained completely calm the entire time. He pulled out a red card and showed it to all 22 players, sending off all of them.

30 minutes

In 1980, Cordoba had six coaches in 14 La Liga games. One of them lasted only 30 minutes in the office. He was dismissed when, after listening to the club owners instructions, he bluntly declared that he had no idea about soccer at all.

The referee is the best player of the match

In the mid-60s there was an interesting match between the Spanish clubs Rione and La Catina. At the start of the game, the ball hit the referee’s leg, bounced off it and ended up in Riona’s goal. To everyone’s surprise, the goal was allowed.

That goal was the only one in the match for a very long time and therefore the frustration of the fans and players was growing. But the referee was saved. Three minutes before the end of the game, the ball hit him in the head and then flew into La Catina’s goal.

The hero of the match was carried off the field by the players of both teams, who were in the same state of shock as the referee.

The bar was damaged

In 1980, in the Romanian city of Timișoara, the local club Politehnica played against the Brazilian Atletico. At one point, a player from the visiting team rushed into the home team’s penalty area and went one-on-one with the goalkeeper. The Romanian goalkeeper threw himself at the Brazilian’s feet, who jumped up and crashed the ball into the goal. The bar broke in half after the encounter with the striker’s head.

It took the stadium workers 20 minutes to replace the goal, and the Brazilian calmly continued the game without receiving any injuries.

The Daily Californian’s editorial and newsroom staff were not involved in this advertisement’s production. For advertising and sponsorship opportunities or more information about paid content, contact [email protected]