Potatoes are one of the most versatile foods out there, hence why they are often overlooked. But these garlic smashed potatoes are truly unforgettable once you try them. They are so incredibly easy to make and serve as the perfect side for any meal. I often eat them straight off the pan as a snack too! They do take a little time to prepare but require very little actual cooking, so they are perfect to whip up while studying or in a meeting.
- Potatoes (Note: For this recipe, you must use small potatoes! Most grocery stores sell packs of mini potato medleys that are perfect for this.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 4 cloves crushed garlic or garlic seasoning
- Salt and pepper (plus any other seasonings your heart desires)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Place your potatoes into a pot filled with water, and then bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes, until a fork can easily stab them.
- Carefully place the potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- With the bottom of a cup, smash your potatoes down until they are almost flat.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and add all your seasonings.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until they reach your desired crispiness, and enjoy!
As you can see, this potato recipe requires very little cooking skill and attention to detail, making it the perfect recipe to up your cooking game during this often hectic final stretch of the semester. Happy cooking!
Contact Jackie Amendola at [email protected].