There’s nothing better than chips and dip for a quick pick-me-up or to munch along with the latest movie or show you’re watching. If you’re tired of guacamole and salsa dips, you’ve come to the right place. This tasty baked spinach dip recipe is a low-cost, simple dish using accessible store-bought ingredients. And it gets even better — there are no cooking skills involved. Word of caution to all the dairy-friendly, garlic-loving and pretending-the-spinach-makes-this-healthy readers: You won’t be able to stop eating after you’ve started.
Serving Size: 10 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces frozen spinach leaves, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (for mixing)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (topping)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Chips, bread or crackers for serving
- Cooking spray (optional, see below)
For a lower-calorie or reduced-dairy option, use low-fat cream cheese or Neufchatel cheese and low-fat sour cream. You can also reduce the amount of shredded cheese by a third.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a small baking dish or skillet with cooking spray (if you’re not using a nonstick or glass dish).
2. Coarsely chop the spinach.
3. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, chopped spinach, garlic, salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese in a bowl and stir the mixture well until fully combined.
4. Place the dip in the prepared dish or skillet, and top it off with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until dip is bubbly and cheese is melted. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 2-4 more minutes or until the cheese has browned.
6. Voila! Serve the dip with chips, bread or crackers!
So there you have it! Eat it hot out of the oven or refrigerate the leftovers and simply eat it cold. This tasty dip will accommodate your taste buds any time of the day. Enjoy!