BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

UC President Michael Drake extends lift on vacation accrual maximum for eligible staff

JOE SISON | FILE

UC President Michael Drake extended lift on the Absence from Work policy vacation accrual maximum through Sept. 30.

JUNE 01, 2021

In response to canceled vacation and travel plans that occurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, UC President Michael Drake extended the lift on the UC system’s Absence from Work policy’s vacation accrual maximum.

The lift, which originally spanned from June 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021, provides policy-covered staff more time to use “accrued vacation leave.” This can be applied automatically through UCPath, according to a press release from the UC Office of the President.

As part of the temporary policy amendment, eligible staff will continue to accrue vacation leave beyond their maximum accrual through Sept. 30. Beginning Oct. 1, policy-covered staff who do have surplus leave will no longer accrue time off until their balance is below their maximum, according to the press release.

“For more information, policy-covered staff can also refer to the UC Absence from Work Policy (PPSM-2.210),” the press release reads. “Section III.B.5 describes the maximum vacation accrual limit and the extension that is allowed per policy under certain circumstances.

Contact Samantha Lim at 

JUNE 01, 2021