Marshawn Lynch, Justin Forsett named to Cal Athletics Hall of Fame

As far as one-two combos go, there haven’t been many pairs of running backs in the history of college football better than Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett. Now, their dominance will forever be memorialized in the Cal Athletics Hall of Fame.

Forsett’s sterling career was capped with an absolutely dominant 2007 season, in which he rushed for more than 1,500 yards on 305 attempts, as well as 15 touchdowns. Named to that year’s All-Pac-10 first team, Forsett helped carry Cal to seven wins. Following that season, Forsett’s career yardage would eclipse 3,100, cementing him among the top 10 all-time rushers for the Bears. Forsett was then drafted in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft, and in 2014 he earned a Pro Bowl selection while playing for the Baltimore Ravens.

As for Beast Mode, what more can be said? Lynch is one of the most iconic figures in Cal football history, and likely would be if the only thing remembered was his moment of glory in a golf cart. But luckily for all parties involved, that was just the tip of the iceberg for the Oakland legend.

Lynch rushed for more than 3,200 yards in his three-year Berkeley career (just eking out his partner Justin Forsett) and tacked on 29 touchdowns on the ground for good measure. Lynch brought contact to the defense every Saturday, and was so good at it that he was drafted in the first round of the 2007 NFL Draft and got an opportunity to do so on Sundays, too. Lynch would finish his NFL career in 2019, with more than 10,000 yards rushing and 85 touchdowns, along with five Pro Bowl selections and an appearance on the First Team All-Pro roster in 2012.

Lynch and Forsett are both incredibly deserving of their respective spots in the Hall, and Bears fans everywhere will rejoice upon seeing them together in blue and gold one more time.

Jesse Stewart covers football. Contact him at [email protected], and follow him on Twitter @jessedstew.