If you couldn’t already tell by now, we at the Clog love mangoes. With the mango season at its peak, now is the perfect time to experiment with some new recipes. Here are some easy yet refreshing mango recipes to not just satisfy your cravings but also beat the heat.
Mango ice cream
- 4 mangoes
- ¼ cup milk
- A pinch of sugar (optional)
- After removing the pits and cutting up the mangoes, freeze the mangoes for at least 3 hours.
- Add the frozen mango pieces, sugar and milk into a blender, and blend until you get a smooth, homogenous mix.
- Pour the mixture into a container of your choice, and let it cool in the freezer for about 6 hours.
There you have it — your very own easy and affordable mango ice cream! Feel free to add some mango slices for extra freshness.
Mango iced tea
- 2 mangoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 tea bags of your choice
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup ice
- Remove the pits, and dice the mangoes into small cubes.
- In a saucepot, combine the diced mangoes, water and sugar, and simmer the mixture on low heat until the mango starts to break apart. You can speed up this process by mashing the mangoes.
- Once the mixture reaches a consistency that can coat the back of a spoon, pour the mixture into a heat-safe container and let cool.
- To make your tea base, strain the tea bags in hot water for 10 minutes before combining with ice.
- Now add in the mango syrup we previously made, and you’ve got yourself a cool beverage perfect for any hot summer day!
Mango sticky rice
- 2 mangoes
- 1 cup sticky rice
- ½ cup water
- 1 can coconut milk
- Wash the sticky rice thoroughly to make sure it is clean.
- In a rice cooker or pot, cook the cup of sticky rice in ½ cup of coconut milk and ½ cup of water.
- Simmer the rest of the coconut milk until it reaches a thick consistency, and let it rest until it reaches room temperature.
- Remove the pits, and slice the mangoes into wedgelike strips.
- Assemble the dish by pouring the coconut milk sauce over the sticky rice before plating it with the sliced mangoes.
There you have it — three simple mango recipes that you can impress your friends and family with this summer!
Contact Erica Jean at [email protected].