I was never a fan of milkshakes growing up because I thought they were always too sweet. But when I tried Chick-fil-A’s frosted lemonade for the first time, I fell in love as the sourness was able to balance perfectly with the sweetness of a traditional milkshake. Here’s how you can make your very own at home if you’re craving some and don’t want to support Chick-fil-A in light of the establishment’s past controversies.
- 5 lemons
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups cold water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 4 cups ice
- Juice the lemons into a pitcher.
- Add the sugar, and mix well before combining it with the cold water.
- Into a gallon-sized zip-close bag, mix together the ice and rock salt.
- Combine the heavy cream, whole milk and sugar into a smaller-sized zip-close bag, and mix well.
- Place the smaller bag into the gallon-sized bag, and position it so that the ice surrounds the smaller bag completely.
- Shake and roll around the bag until the heavy cream and whole milk mixture in the smaller bag reaches a thick, soft-serve consistency.
Now, combine equal amounts of your homemade lemonade and soft serve. Mix well, and voila! You’ve made your very own Chick-fil-A frosted lemonade that’s perfect for any hot summer day!
Contact Erica Jean at [email protected].