The fall season is officially upon us, and you know what that means: the return of everything pumpkin spice! Grocery stores and cafes around the city have redecorated their space with colorful gourds and updated their menus to reflect seasonal favorites, such as pumpkin spice lattes, apple crisp macchiatos and my favorite, the pumpkin cream cold brew! But let’s face it, spending a few dollars on coffee every day eventually adds up to a significant sum of money. In an effort to save more money this month, I decided to recreate my favorite fall drink from Starbucks — the pumpkin cream cold brew — in the comfort of my own kitchen. This super simple recipe is easy to recreate and tastes just as good!
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin of pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of milk
- ½ cup of cold brew coffee
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract and milk in a bowl and microwave until hot (about one to two minutes).
- Whisk all the ingredients together until frothy and foamy.
- Fill a large glass with ice and pour in the cold brew coffee.
- Add the foamed milk concoction to the cold brew. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Light a sweet cinnamon pumpkin scented candle, put on an episode of Gilmore Girls and enjoy your homemade pumpkin cream cold brew as you curl up beneath a cozy blanket this fall season!
Contact Madeleine Lorie at [email protected].