Apples and pecans are two of my favorite foods, and they also just so happen to coincide well with the typical fall season aesthetic. So imagine my joy when I stumbled across this viral fall stuffed apple recipe that promised to make me feel like a cottage fairy with every bite. With 572.8k likes and 3.4 million views, I knew I had to check out what all the hype was about. And boy, am I glad I did! This recipe is super easy to make, utilizes in-season ingredients and leaves your kitchen infused with the sweet aroma of apples, cinnamon and toasted pecans.
Serving size: 1
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup pecans
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Drizzle of honey
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Wash the apple, then use a knife or melon baller to carve out the inside so that it resembles a bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, add your chopped pecans, rolled oats, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, coconut oil and maple syrup. Blend the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Fill the hollow of the apple bowl with the mixture.
- Pop your apple into the oven for 30 minutes until the apple is well toasted and a golden-yellow color.
- Once your apple has been baked thoroughly, take it out of the oven and plate it. Feel free to drizzle a little more honey and add a few more pinches of cinnamon to top it off.
As you make your first incision into your stuffed baked apple, watch as the pecan and oat filling ooze out and the rich aroma of sweet apples and cinnamon bless your nostrils. This recipe is sure to fill up your tummy with warmth and anticipation for all things fall!
Contact Madeleine Lorie at [email protected].