BERKELEY'S NEWS • DECEMBER 03, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

Don't have Halloweekend plans yet? Let this quiz decide for you!

OCTOBER 29, 2021

Spooky season is officially upon us! It’s time to figure out how you’re going to make the most of your Halloweekend! Take this quiz to see what you should do this Halloween.

[listquiz]

1. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
    1. Airheads
    2. Nerds
    3. Snickers
    4. Candy corn
  2. What’s your go-to last-minute Halloween costume?
    1. A sexy nurse
    2. Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    3. A Stanford student
    4. The Grim Reaper
  3. What’s your favorite fall scent?
    1. Sweet cinnamon pumpkin
    2. Citrus, sage, crisp red delicious apples
    3. Toasted marshmallow, smoky vanilla, smoldering woods
    4. Tart cranberry, cinnamon, cedarwood
  4. What’s your favorite fall-themed snack at Trader Joe’s?
    1. Pumpkin ice cream
    2. Pumpkin spice espresso beans
    3. Fall Leaf tortilla chips
    4. Spicy pumpkin samosas
  5. What type of trick-or-treater were you as a kid?
    1. The “too cool” kid: You wanted free candy, but you didn’t want to work too hard for it. You didn’t bother wearing a costume. All you needed to go door to door was a dusty pillowcase to collect your hoards of candy.
    2. The try-hard: You planned your Halloween costume months in advance and made sure to make it as elaborately scary as possible. You hit up every door in your neighborhood, even if the lights were off, and yelled “Trick-or-treat” in the most enthusiastic tone possible, with the widest grin on your face. You wouldn’t allow yourself to go home until your basket was filled to the brim with candy.
    3. The easily tired kid: After trick-or-treating at a few houses, you were already ready to go home. After all, was all the candy really worth it? You’d rather stay in and eat freshly baked homemade cookies by the fire while watching Edward Scissorhands.
    4. The greedy kid: Walking around your neighborhood, going door-to-door in the cold wasn’t worth it for you unless you got all the good candy, and a lot of it too. You would ask the kind, old lady passing out chocolate bars if you could get three instead of one. If the house had a bowl of candy outside the door with a sign that read “take one”, you would completely ignore it and dump the whole thing in your bag.
  6. What’s your must-have fall fashion staple?
    1. Cable knit chunky sweater
    2. Trench coat
    3. Soft button-down flannel
    4. Wool cardigan
  7.    How do you typically decorate for Halloween?
    1. Carve a jack-o’-lantern
    2. DIY fall-colored wreath at the door
    3. Make a creepy spider web wall
    4. DIY homemade ghosts
  8. Quiz Answers
    1. Party at a frat: You’re a social butterfly at heart and want to spend this Halloweekend going to crazy parties with your friends. Gather your best pals together, coordinate costumes, take a bunch of Instagram pictures and head on over to Greek Row to party it up on the dance floor.
    2. Study for your midterm: You clearly prioritize your academic pursuits over celebrating Halloween this year. It’s the unfortunate reality that Halloweekend coincides with midterm season and an ungodly amount of projects and papers. Why not spend the night studying instead of going out this year? You’ll save money on buying a Halloween costume and can still pick up heavily discounted bags of candy at the store the next day.
    3. Halloween movie marathon: You’re feeling festive and ready to embrace the Halloween spirit, but want to celebrate with something a little more chill and cozy. What about planning a movie night with a few close friends? Decorate your living room with aesthetically pleasing carved pumpkins, string up some fairy lights, create a stockpile of your favorite candy and line up a lengthy selection of Halloween movies to binge-watch for the night!
    4. Visit a haunted house: Your favorite part of Halloween is the element of horror. You love a good jump scare and having the wits scared out of you by a creepy clown with a blood-stained smile and fake ax in tow. Kids in Halloween costumes just don’t cut it for you, so head on over to a haunted house to experience the real terrorizing side of Halloween.

[/listquiz]

Contact Madeleine Lorie at [email protected].

OCTOBER 29, 2021