Rice Krispies Treats are one of the easiest desserts to throw together and are the perfect thing to bring to a Halloween party or munch on while watching scary movies. The best part about these is that you can really be creative with them and shape and design them however you want — here’s how we at the Clog made our gory eyeball treats this Halloween!
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 box Rice Krispies Treats cereal
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Fake candy eyeballs
- Food coloring of your choice
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Once melted, add the entire bag of marshmallows and let it melt as well.
- Add whatever color of food coloring you want your eyeballs to be — we did purple!
- Lower the heat and add the cereal. Keep stirring the gooey, sticky mixture until combined.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Once cool enough to handle, roll the mixture into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Press in the fake candy eyeballs.
This is just one way you can use Rice Krispies Treats as a base for your Halloween dessert. Feel free to get creative with it. You can make it a less spooky dessert and make cut pumpkins, or even amp up the scariness and try to make mummies, ghosts or tombstones! Happy Halloween!
Contact Jackie Amendola at [email protected].