Elijah Hicks named to All-Pac-12 1st team

Photo of Cal football
Theo Wyss-Flamm/Senior Staff

Cal football’s fall 2021 season has come to a close, and a total of 11 Bears have been recognized for their play.

Headlining the bunch is Elijah Hicks, who was named to the All-Pac-12 first team. The fifth-year senior safety tallied a career-high three interceptions and 72 tackles over the course of the season, which was the second-most of any player on the Bears’ roster. This is his first career postseason all-conference team selection.

Alongside Hicks are 10 Bears who earned Pac-12 honorable mentions: tight end Nick Alftin, offensive lineman Ben Coleman, quarterback Chase Garbers, outside linebacker Marqez Bimage, offensive lineman Matthew Cindric, outside linebacker Cameron Goode, cornerback Lu-Magia Hearns III, defensive end JH Tevis, wide receiver Nikko Remigio and offensive lineman McKade Mettauer.

Most notably, Goode led the team this season with nine tackles for loss and 7 ½ sacks. This marks the redshirt senior’s third consecutive honorable mention by the Pac-12. Besides Goode, Remigio is now the only other Bear recognized with multiple honorable mentions under his belt. The 2021 team captain boasted a career-high-tying 38 catches and ranked second in the conference in kickoff return average this season.

Ryan Chien is the sports editor. Contact him at [email protected], and follow him on Twitter @RyanChienMedia.