BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

Midterm fashion inspiration

SRAVYA SINGAMPALLI | FILE

MARCH 06, 2022

Are you searching for some fashion advice and inspiration for your midterm season outfits? Look no further! Whether you’re trying to be comfortable, impress your lecture crush or simply want to look well-dressed during midterms, here is some awesome outfit inspiration. 

Bohemian 

Have you ever woken up really tired and lazy to get dressed? Say less. Boho-inspired dresses and skirts are probably the most comfortable pieces of clothing on planet Earth. You will not only look flowy and summery during the dark and cold midterm days but also be comfortable with the breathable fabric. This is truly the best of both worlds: comfort and style. 

Preppy 

Are you a business major? Do you have presentations coming up? Great! Now is the time to get out your professional clothes. Everyone on campus will probably be wondering why you are wearing a full-blown suit: But that is exactly what we want — to leave the crowd impressed and wondering where you are taking your mysterious self. 

And yes, you are most likely required to wear a suit for your presentation, so make sure to spice it up with some jewelry or invest in a colorful blazer. Pink, perhaps? 

Edgy 

As if the dread of exams is not enough, you can add on to that feeling with a biker leather jacket and some ripped jeans. Bonus points if you put on high-rise boots or those platform sneakers. You will match the mood perfectly and also stay warm in the leather jacket. 

Grunge 

Also known as, “I had a bad hair day and I need a beanie.” It’s a wonderful way to hide your morning bedhead and stay warm in the cold auditorium. And I know what you’re thinking: What if it’s hot? Well, a baseball hat would do the trick, too. Just make sure to match the color to your outfit. 

Elle Woods moment 

If you absolutely love to be the center of attention and consider yourself to be a “Legally Blonde” stan, dressing up for exams may sound like a great idea. A sophisticated blouse and a skirt with high-top boots would be perfect — and don’t forget your sunglasses to hide the bags under your eyes after a whole night of studying. This style is especially powerful if you’re pre-law or already in law school. 

Ultimate look: Sporty 

Don’t we all love our hoodies and sweats? I think most of us will agree that nothing feels better than being comfortable during a stressful exam. Curling up in a cozy hoodie while freezing in the classroom just feels special. 

But in all seriousness, dressing cozily does allow for a longer attention span, as well as a great way to wear layers in case of temperature changes. A messy bun or beanie is also an amazing addition to the look. 

Regardless of your style, just make sure to feel confident and prepared for your exams (clothes AND content-wise!). Go to sleep, get up early, prepare your outfit, bag the night before and get that A on your exam! 

Contact Irina Sakharova at 

MARCH 05, 2022