Spam is a quick and easy dish to make if ever you don’t know what to particularly cook. From mixing it in with macaroni and cheese or just having it with rice, it’s definitely known for its versatility. Here is another fun, sweet take on Spam that doesn’t take too much cooking experience: Spam musubi.
- 1 can Spam
- 1 package nori sheets
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Store-bought or homemade teriyaki sauce
- In a bowl, combine ¼ cup oyster sauce, ¼ cup soy sauce and ⅓ cup sugar. Skip this step if you’re not making your own teriyaki sauce.
- Cut your Spam into your desired thickness. On medium heat, cook Spam slices until slightly brown. Then, add your teriyaki sauce or mixture.
- Allow the Spam to soak in the sauce until the sauce thickens.
- To form the rice, cut the bottom of the Spam can so that you have a perfect-sized mold.
- Pack about a cup of rice into the mold, and press it down so that it sticks together.
- Place your spam on top of the rice.
- Finally, wrap the spam and rice with a strip of Nori seaweed.
This recipe can make eight to 10 Spam musubi based on the Spam thickness.