BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 26, 2022

Study spot recommendations in Berkeley

ISABELLA SCHREIBER | FILE

JULY 17, 2022

There’s nothing worse than it being a beautiful sunny day, but being forced to be inside. If you’re taking summer classes, you may have found yourself already being flooded with papers and midterms. Forcing yourself to leave the warm breezy air to go study at the library is never appealing. This is why the Daily Clog has created a list of the best outdoor study spots so you don’t have to compromise sunshine for academics!

Memorial Glade

Our first suggestion is probably no surprise, Memorial Glade right on campus. This old reliable really is an ideal study spot when you’re looking to stay outdoors. With campus Wi-Fi in range, plenty of shady spots to settle down in and a convenient location, you really can’t go wrong. A bonus is that you’re right on campus. If you get tired of being outside or the weather starts to heat up too much, you’re steps away from plenty of libraries where you can continue your grinding session.

Willard Park

If you want to step away from campus but still want a nature filled setting, we recommend Willard Park. With enough distance allowing  you an escape from the chaos of campus, this park setting is relaxing and allows you to really focus on your work. Bring a blanket and sit out to study for a couple hours under the shady trees. One thing to note about this spot, though, is there is no Wi-Fi. Make sure you have a hotspot or bring wireless work if you plan on hanging out at this location.

Coffee shops

Berkeley is home to a plethora of coffee spots with plenty of outdoor seating. Going to a patio to work is a great option for when you really need to get work done. Set up at a table, buy a refreshing drink or snack and connect to their Wi-Fi. You’re sure to find yourself getting lots of work done while also still enjoying the outdoors. If you need inspiration on which coffee shops to try out, we suggest taking a look at Caffé Strada, Café V&A or 1951 Coffee Company. Or if none of these fit your vibe, check out Yelp for some great suggestions.

Just because you’re taking summer classes doesn’t mean you should have to sacrifice your time enjoying the fresh air. Check out one of these study spots, catch some vitamin D and get working!

Contact Maya Romero at 

JULY 17, 2022