BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 26, 2022

3 air fryer recipes perfect for college students

JOCELYN HUANG | FILE

JULY 28, 2022

This summer, I finally bought one of the best college student essentials — an air fryer. Air fryers cook practically anything, from pizza rolls to an entire pot roast; whatever you’re craving is fair game. With so many possibilities, the search for easy, studentfriendly recipes may be difficult. Lucky for you, the Daily Clog has three great air fryer cooking recipes under 30 minutes — perfect for college students!

Homemade pizza bagels

This recipe is perfect for those looking for a late-night snack or a small lunch to eat in between classes. Since the recipe takes less than 10 minutes to make, there are no excuses for meal skipping! 

Ingredients

1. 2 mini bagels
  2. ½ cup pizza sauce
  3. 1 cup mozzarella cheese
  4. ½ cup pepperoni slices (or other desired toppings)

Directions

1. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Separate the bagels, then place them in the air fryer and top each bagel half with sauce, cheese and whatever toppings you’re craving!
  3. Place in the basket of the air fryer and cook for five minutes.
  4. Once the bagels begin to brown or the cheese completely melts, remove them and dig in!

Air fryer bacon-wrapped chicken

If you’re looking for a tasty dinner you can make in 30 minutes, this is the recipe you should try. You can even pair it with some easy sides, such as a baked potato or some fries, which you can make in the air fryer as well. 

Ingredients 

1. 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6oz)
  2. 4 pieces bacon
  3. ⅓ teaspoon smoked paprika
  4. ⅓ teaspoon black pepper
  5. ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder

Directions

1. Preheat the air fryer to 400 F and prepare the air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
  2. Add the seasonings together in a small bowl and set it aside.
  3. Take the clean, dry chicken breasts and rub both sides evenly with the seasoning rub.
  4. Wrap each chicken breast with two pieces of bacon. Try keeping the remaining ends of each bacon strip underneath the chicken breast.
  5. Place the bacon-wrapped chicken breasts into the bottom of the prepared air fryer basket.
  6. Air fry the chicken at 400 F for 15 minutes, then decrease the temperature to 370 F for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
  7. Serve with your favorite sides for a quick dinner! 

Air fryer peanut butter cookies

If you’re craving something sweet, consider trying this three-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe!

Ingredients

1. 1 cup peanut butter
  2. 1 cup sugar
  3. 1 egg

Directions

1. Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
  2. Spray air fryer trays with canola spray. You can use parchment paper, but it will take your cookies a bit longer to cook. 
  3. Preheat the air fryer to 350 F.
  4. Place rounded balls of dough onto the air fryer trays. Gently press down with the backside of a fork, twice.
  5. Drop the air fryer tray into the middle of your air fryer. Cook for five minutes.
  6. Serve your cookies! 

These easy air fryer recipes are sure to keep you full, even during your busiest times of the year!

Contact Samantha Herrera at 

JULY 28, 2022