BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

A-Z date ideas: Drive-in movies

ARMAAN MUMTAZ | FILE

AUGUST 11, 2022

As nights are beginning to cool down and summer is starting to come to a close, it can be easy to feel at a loss for what to do. Well, the Daily Clog is here to help. Our next spot in our A-Z date ideas in the Bay Area is sure to be the perfect activity for all kinds of people: a drive-in movie! This oldie-but-goody experience has lasted the test of time for a reason. With often low prices, a wide variety of options and pretty simple preparation, there are so many reasons to try out this idea!

Picking a drive-in

The first thing you need to do is find the best drive-in option for you. With a little research, you are sure to find several movie spots that meet your needs. Decide if you want to watch the newest blockbuster or if old classics are more your vibe. Look at what’s around each drive-in, and maybe you’ll even find some food or activity you’ll want to hit up beforehand.

Food and snacks

No movie experience would be complete without a plethora of snacks and food choices. If you simply want something to munch on, skip the overpriced drive-in prices and stop at a gas station or supermarket to pick up your favorite movie snacks. If you want something with a little more sustenance, get your favorite to-go food or prepare a meal that you can eat while you’re watching your movie. Even if movie snacks aren’t your thing, grabbing a beverage that will keep you satisfied is the perfect way to complete your experience.

Setting up your car

When it comes to arranging your car for maximum comfort, there are a few things to consider. Since most drive-ins use your car’s radio to project the audio, you’ll have to stay close to hear your movie. If you have a large trunk or a truck, consider sitting in the back! Using a pile of pillows and blankets can create an extremely comfortable environment that you’re sure to enjoy. You can also lay out some blankets in the front seats and recline to watch the movie from your own comfy seat. As long as you plan ahead and bring some plush accessories, you’re all set.

Whatever experience you’re going for, going to a drive-in movie is sure to be a great option for you. Pick a movie you like, grab your favorite food and make yourself a comfortable seating arrangement. Spend a couple hours with your windows down enjoying the movie and breezy summer air. You’re sure to feel like a kid during summertime again and have one of your best summer nights.

Contact Maya Romero at 

AUGUST 11, 2022