BERKELEY'S NEWS • SEPTEMBER 25, 2022

Where to buy stationery in Berkeley

IAN T. MCFARLAND | CREATIVE COMMONS

Photo by Ian T. McFarland under CC BY-SA 2.0

SEPTEMBER 21, 2022

With the semester in high gear, you may be looking for a place where you can buy stationery to replace the 15 pencils you’ve already lost during your lectures. Or, you may be looking for art supplies so you can destress during exam season. Either way, there are a ton of small businesses and shops to buy the supplies you need in Berkeley. 

Elmwood Stationers 

Located on College Avenue, this small shop has everything you may need from basic school supplies to custom-made stamps. They have different pens and pencils in every possible color. They even have greeting cards, so if you have a special holiday coming up, this is the perfect place. Since they’re a local business, the employees are very friendly. So if you can’t find what you’re looking for in the store, they’ll see if they can find the item from their supplier and order it for you to come pick up later! If this doesn’t prove their high-quality service, I don’t know what will. 

Payn’s Stationery 

This stationery store on Solano Avenue has been around for over 70 years. This location offers everything such as stationary, quirky gifts and pens at a reasonable price. The selection of pens brands they have is immense — from Sharpies to Pilot pens. They also have a ton of single pens, so if you want to start out with a small collection instead of buying a full set, this is the best place for you. If you’re undergoing a stationary phase, I guarantee you Payn’s Stationery is the place to go! 

Office Depot 

If you’re wanting to shop at a more conventional big-name store, there’s an Office Depot conveniently located on Tenth Street. They have a ton of basic office supplies, pen sets and pencils. Office Depot has other custom services like printing, photo printing, custom-made envelopes and business cards. In a rush? No problem, as you can order online and pick everything up in less than 20 minutes! Unlike some of the other stores on this list, they have some electronics and other furnishings for your desk space. Check this place out when you’re looking to revamp your study area! 

Paper Source

This little store on Hearst Avenue has some of the best supplies for any of the art projects you may have in mind! Paper Source has a lot of cute craft supplies and envelopes in every color you could imagine. If you’re looking to start a new hobby, they also have a lot of craft paper that’s perfect for journaling or scrapbooking. They also have plenty of gift options for people you may not know very well. Overall, if you’re wanting more than just the basic stationary and school supplies this is the perfect place for you. 

Topdrawer

As one of the more unconventional stores on our list, this small shop has basic supplies like house shoes and backpacks as well as a large stationary section! In their stationary section, they have a ton of pens that write smoothly and cute notebooks filled with high-quality paper. If you’re wanting to browse and look at other things besides stationary while finding what you need, this is a great place to go to! 

As a disclaimer, The Daily Clog would like to warn you that you may take up a new hobby just by entering these stationary stores. With this list, we hope you find what you need to make any of your crafting dreams come true!

Contact Samantha Herrera at 

SEPTEMBER 21, 2022